Evil triumphs when good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lessons from a Crashed Computer

I woke up yesterday morning to a crashed computer. After the boot up the computer would not load the OS. From about 10 AM in the morning till 2:00 AM I was resetting the computer.

The computer hard disk was full and as a consequence it would not load the OS. I had to format the entire hard disk making it clean and then install the OS again. After that I had to install various softwares.

A spiritual lesson was to be learnt. Sometimes in our spiritual journey we start taking up various tasks and do a lot of things for the Kingdom. After some time we forget why and for who we are doing these things. We become like a cluttered computer with lots of programs installed and lots of pictures and MP3s, we become like a library full of knowledge but nothing elese, or worse a garbage heap full of rubbish. And then we crash, we stop and examine ourselves and see that all the actions we think we are doing for God are not really for Him but more for ourselves. We need to reformat ourselves, by prayer and meditation, realizing that our primary duty is to Know, Love and Serve Him. In thar order specifically.

This lesson can be found in the Bible where Jesus says that He is the vine and we are the branches and the Father is the wine dresser who trims and prunes the branches. Your gardeners know that when a vine grows it uses energy that should be going to the grapes so it needs to be trimmed so that it bears more fruit. This pruning is like reformatting, sometimes our growth may look good to us, but we are not bearing the right kind of fruit. Hence it is a time for a reformat.

Happy Sunday
God Bless
Smiley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a thoughtful post on a crashed computer that would have lest most people swearing and muttering.
God Bless

Smiley said...

Hi Mum6Kids
I did not swear I promised myself that if I could not fix it I would buy a mac. To bad its working casue I would have preffered a mac but $1200 was saved in the fixing process.

By the way I have put you down for the competition