91. You wrote to me: "To pray is to talk to God. But about what?" About what ? Abut him, and yourself: joys, sorrows, successes and failures, great ambitions, daily worries - even your weaknesses! and acts of thanksgiving and petitions - and love and reparation.
In short, to get to know him and to get to know yourself - "to get acquainted!"
92. "And in my meditation a fire shall flame up." That is why you go to prayer: to become a blaze, a living flame giving heat and light.
So, when you don't know hot to go on, when it feels as if your fire is dying out and you can't throw fragrant logs on it, throw on the branches and twigs of short vocal prayers, of ejaculations, to keep feeding the blaze. And you will have used the time well.
93. You see yourself so poor and weak that you recognize you are unworthy of having God listen to you. But, what about the merits of Mary? and the wounds of your Lord? and...arent you a child of God?
Besides, he listens to you, quoniam bonus....,quoniam in saeculum misericordia eius - "for he is good, and his mercy endures forever."
94. He has become so small - you see: an infant! - so that you can come close to him with confidence.
95. In te Domine, speravi - "In Thee, O Lord have i hoped." And together with human means I prayed and took my cross. And my hope was not in vain, nor will it ever be. Non confundar in aeternum - "Let me never be confounded."
96. It is Jesus who speaks: Amen I say to you, ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you."
Pray! In what human venture can you have a greater guarantee of success?
97. You don't know what to say to our Lord in prayer. NOthing comes to you and yet you would like to ask his advice about many things.
Look: take some notes during the day of the things you want to think about in the presence of God. And then go with those notes to pray.
98. After the prayer of priests and of consecrated virgins, the prayer most pleasing to God is that of children and of the sick.
99.When you go to pray, let this be a firm resolution: Don't prolong your prayer just because you find consolation in it, nor curtail it just because you find it dry.
100. Dont tell Jesus you want consolation in prayer. But if he gives it to you, thank him.
Tell him always that why you want is perseverance.