Evil triumphs when good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why Dies Irae

I received a very nice email from a friend asking me why I chose to call this blog Dies Irae (Day Of Wrath). There are two reasons for this. Firstly, I really love the painting which can be seen as the header of this Blog. In the center if God and the Virgin Mother to His Right. To His left at the bottom are the damned and to His right are those who will join Him at the banquet feast. I love the painting so much that I am tempted to make a poster sized copy of it and frame it on the wall. It is wonderful to wake up in the morning and look at the picture and contemplate ones last end.
Secondly there is the Gregorian chant. Which words cannot describe and hence I posting it as a video here below

No comments: