Evil triumphs when good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Holy Communion on the Tongue

When I received my First Holy Communion, I received it on my tongue. About 4 years after that in India the novelty of receiving Holy Communion in the hand began.

There are a lot of voices in the Vatican which are calling for a return to receiving Holy Communion on the tongue.

I would just like to clarify that at no point ever was it mandatory to receive communion in the hand. Individual Bishop Conferences may have made it mandatory for their nations like the USCCB (US conference of Catholic Bishops) but the Vatican has never made it mandatory.

On the 26th June 2008 Pope Benedict XVI made the following statement; "that the distribution of Communion on the hand continues to remain, from the juridical standpoint, an exception (indult) to the universal law, conceded by the Holy See to those bishops' conferences who have requested it."

I urge my readers to go back to kneeling and reecving Holy Communion on the tounge.

No comments: