Evil triumphs when good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Religious Riots in India

Indian being my first home, I get upset when I read news like this.

The killing of a Hindu leader on Saturday sparked the violence.

Christians have suffered retaliatory attacks, despite police saying Maoist rebels were to blame for the killing.


So far monasteries, churches and an orphanage has been burnt. Persecution against Christians in India has been an ongoing theme despite the fact that Christians only make up less than 2% of the population.

A bandh was called by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad and the Bajrang Dal in protest against the killing of VHP leader Swami Lakshmanananda.

Protesters burnt alive a 20-year-old woman in an orphanage at Khuntpalli village in Bargarh district. In Kandhamal district, where the Swami and four others were killed by suspected Maoists on Saturday night, a villager was burnt to death.

This is a terrible state of affairs. I ask that all my readers pray for persecuted Christians in my native land.



(Picture of burnt orphanage)

No comments: